To date, there are no known adverse effects in humans due to the active ingredient concentrations in TauroLock™ when used as directed.
- The concentration of citrate in TauroLock™ (4 %) is safe and efficient according to the recommendation of the FDA, dated April 2000, (ref.: FDA Warning Letter, April 2000).
- TauroLock™ may cause mild hypocalcaemic symptoms if instillation is not done as slowly as directed.
- No risks compared to highly concentrated citrate-solutions (e.g. cardiac arrest, arrhythmia, metallic taste, embolic complication).
- No risk of unwanted bleedings due to deficiency of calcium or due to the use of heparin. To avoid unwanted bleedings, TauroLock™ is free of heparin (HIT patient).
- TauroLock™ is biocompatible and nontoxic.
- In contrast to highly concentrated citrate there is no protein precipitation if using TauroLock™.