The European Renal Best Practice (ERBP) and the hygiene guideline of the German dialysis standard recommend the use of antimicrobial lock solutions as these solutions allow the rate of catheter-associated infections to be reduced substantially.
- Instillation of TauroLock™ into the catheter lumen prevents infections
- Application in long-term and short-term catheters
- Effective against all bacteria tested (including MRSA and VRSA)
- The range of effectiveness of TauroLock™ covers a wide range of bacteria and fungi
- TauroLock™ is not an antibiotic; no bacterial resistance has been observed
- TauroLock™ avoids colonization of catheters at the planctonic level and avoids the development of a biofilm.
TauroLock™ kills bacteria and fungi within two hours, a timeframe available between two treatments.
The antimicrobial effect of TauroLock™ significantly reduces catheter related infections in dialysis, oncology and parenteral nutrition.